Prevents bone loss.
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
Reclast (Zoledronate) is a first-choice treatment for osteoporosis and is available as a generic, but you have to see a doctor to get each dose.
Price and discounts
- (1) 100ml of 5mg/100ml solution bottle
- Cost for (1) 100ml of 5mg/100ml solution bottle of Reclast (Zoledronate) at pharmacies
- Available in generic.
- You only have to take this once a year.
People say this drug is:36 reviews
- You have to go to your doctor's office or an infusion center to get each dose by IV infusion.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Reclast (Zoledronate)
301 From clinical trials of Reclast / Osteoporosis (Men) (5 mg- once per year)
- Muscle pain
- Acute phase reaction
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Influenza-like illness
- Abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath
Risks and Warnings for Reclast (Zoledronate)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
People on Reclast (Zoledronate) have reported severe pain to the bones and muscles. However, this is very rare. Stop taking the medication and talk to your doctor if this happens to you.
Common concerns from people taking Reclast (Zoledronate)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- People on Reclast (Zoledronate) have reported breakdown of the jaw bone. This is rare. This can happen if you have oral or dental surgery, or if you have poor oral hygiene. If you notice pain, swelling or an infection in your jaw, talk to your doctor right away. Also, tell your surgeon that you are taking Reclast (Zoledronate).
- After IV injection had severe inflammatory reaction for 3 days, bed ridden with chills, high fever and severe muscle and bone pains