Prevents bone loss.
Our bottom line
Reclast (Zoledronate) is a first-choice treatment for osteoporosis and is available as a generic, but you have to see a doctor to get each dose.
- Available in generic.
- You only have to take this once a year.
- You have to go to your doctor's office or an infusion center to get each dose by IV infusion.
Save on your next Reclast (Zoledronate) prescription
Get the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (1) 100ml of 5mg/100ml solution bottle
- Cost for (1) 100ml of 5mg/100ml solution bottle of Reclast (Zoledronate) at pharmacies
What to expect when you take Reclast (Zoledronate)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Given as an intravenous infusion.
- Eat normally and drink at least two glasses of liquid before your infusion.
- Talk to your doctor if you develop swelling, pain, or a sore in your jaw.
- Call your doctor if you develop pain in your hips, thighs or legs.
- You can take acetaminophen (Tylenol) to lower fever and chills from the infusion.
- If you have to have dental or oral surgery, tell your surgeon that you're taking this medication.
- Drink plenty of liquids while you're on this medication.
Side effects for Reclast (Zoledronate)
From clinical trials of Reclast / Osteoporosis (Men) (5 mg- once per year) ( 301)
- Muscle painMuscle pain20% for Reclast vs.7% for placebo
- FatigueFatigue18% for Reclast vs.6% for placebo
- Acute phase reactionAcute phase reaction17% for Reclast vs.0% for placebo
- HeadacheHeadache15% for Reclast vs.6% for placebo
- Musculoskeletal painMusculoskeletal pain12% for Reclast vs.11% for placebo
- PainPain12% for Reclast vs.4% for placebo
- ChillsChills10% for Reclast vs.3% for placebo
- Influenza-like illnessInfluenza-like illness9% for Reclast vs.2% for placebo
- Abdominal painAbdominal pain8% for Reclast vs.4% for placebo
- Shortness of breathShortness of breath7% for Reclast vs.5% for placebo
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Renal impairment
Risks and Warnings for Reclast (Zoledronate)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
People on Reclast (Zoledronate) have reported severe pain to the bones and muscles. However, this is very rare. Stop taking the medication and talk to your doctor if this happens to you.