Calms down your immune system.
Our bottom line
Remicade (Infliximab) is very effective at calming down your immune system, but you have to get each dose at your doctor's office and watch out for serious side effects.
- (18) 100mg vial
- Cost for (18) 100mg vials of Remicade (Infliximab) at pharmacies
- Treats certain types of arthritis and gastrointestinal conditions caused by an overactive immune system.
- Remicade has almost two decades of clinical trial data and real-life experience with millions of people who have used it.
- Initial dosing to introduce Remicade to your body might be a hassle, but then you only need to take it every 6-8 weeks depending on your condition.
- You have to get every dose through an IV infusion at your doctor's office.
- It's expensive because there's no generic available yet.
- Remicade has a higher risk of serious infusion-related side effects during or after it's given since it's injected right into your veins. Your doctor can prescribe medication before your dose that may lower this risk.
- Remicade lowers your ability to fight infection and can cause serious life-threatening illness. The risk is greater if you take other drugs that lower your immune system, have an active infection, diabetes, or had tuberculosis (TB) in the past.
- Not the best choice if you have heart failure.
- Talk to your baby's doctor if you're pregnant or breast-feeding. When women in a study took Remicade (Infliximab), the medicine was found in their breast milk 2 to 3 days after each dose, and in the baby's blood 6 months after they were born.
What to expect when you take Remicade (Infliximab) for Rheumatoid arthritisSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Remicade (Infliximab)
- Infusion reaction
Risks and Warnings for Remicade (Infliximab)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Remicade (Infliximab) has been reported to cause hypersensitivity reactions (severe rash, trouble breathing) and angioedema (life-threatening condition with swelling with or without hives). If you notice these symptoms after your dose or days later, call your doctor and get medical care right away.
Common concerns from people taking Remicade (Infliximab)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Remicade changed my life. Before I started it, I was in constant pain and had a difficult time getting out of a chair or turning over in bed. Now I have only minor pain and live a full and happy life.
- When i star taking Remicade 6 weeks back i didn't feel any pain in my bowel, but now im feeling pain if my bowel and the food take long time to pass through.
- You'll probably sleep during the infusion but bring a book or magazine just incase. I get really itchy after so I take Benadryl for a few days after too (they also provide it before the infusion)
- Although rare, Remicade (Infliximab) can cause serious liver injury. You'll need to have your liver enzymes tested regularly. If liver enzymes are significantly elevated and you have appetite/weight loss, stomach discomfort, vomiting, and notice dark urine, yellowing of skin/eyes, change in stool color, and skin rash you should stop treatment with Remicade (Infliximab) until you can be completely assessed,