Increases tear production.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Restasis (Cyclosporine) is effective for most people with dry eyes from inflammation, but it doesn't work for everyone. You'll need to be patient to notice improvement and it can be expensive since there's no generic.
- Most people don't have many side effects from taking Restasis (Cyclosporine).
- The majority of people notice a change in their dry eye symptoms after taking Restasis (Cyclosporine).
- It can take several weeks of taking Restasis (Cyclosporine) until you notice a change in your dry eyes.
- Not available in generic, so it can be expensive.
- For some people with dry eyes because of eye surgery, contact lenses, or thyroid problems, Restasis (Cyclosporine) hasn't been shown to work.
- There aren't a lot of other medications available for dry eye if Restasis (Cyclosporine) doesn't work.
- The most common complaint is the sensation of burning in the eye or an object in the eye after using Restasis (Cyclosporine).
Save on your next Restasis (Cyclosporine) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (60) 100mg capsule
- Cost for (60) 100mg capsules of Restasis (Cyclosporine) at pharmacies
- $526.68New price:$247.54Save:53%
Side effects for Restasis (Cyclosporine)
From clinical trials of Restasis / Any condition
- Ocular burningOcular burning17% for Cyclosporine vs.0% for placebo
- Conjunctival hyperemiaConjunctival hyperemia5% for Cyclosporine vs.0% for placebo
- DischargeDischarge5% for Cyclosporine vs.0% for placebo
- Watery eyesWatery eyes5% for Cyclosporine vs.0% for placebo
- Eye painEye pain5% for Cyclosporine vs.0% for placebo
- Foreign body sensationForeign body sensation5% for Cyclosporine vs.0% for placebo
- ItchingItching5% for Cyclosporine vs.0% for placebo
- StingingStinging5% for Cyclosporine vs.0% for placebo
- Visual disturbanceVisual disturbance5% for Cyclosporine vs.0% for placebo
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Superficial injury of the eye
What to expect when you take Restasis (Cyclosporine)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Open the vial only if you plan to use it immediately.
- Don't touch the tip of the vial to the eye or any other surface, otherwise it can get contaminated.
- If you wear contacts, take them out and wait at least 15 minutes after you put Restasis (Cyclosporine) on before you put them on again.
- If you're using other medications for the eye, wait at least 5 minutes after you put Restasis (Cyclosporine) on before you use the next medication.
- Don't use Restasis (Cyclosporine) if you have an infection in your eye.
- It can take up to several weeks to notice a change in your eyes.
Risks and Warnings for Restasis (Cyclosporine)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
Sharing the vial with other people can spread infections and make your symptoms worse.