Increases tear production.
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
Restasis (Cyclosporine) is effective for most people with dry eyes from inflammation, but it doesn't work for everyone. You'll need to be patient to notice improvement and it can be expensive since there's no generic.
What is GoodRx?
Price and discounts
- Most people don't have many side effects from taking Restasis (Cyclosporine).
- The majority of people notice a change in their dry eye symptoms after taking Restasis (Cyclosporine).
People say this drug is:52 reviews
- It can take several weeks of taking Restasis (Cyclosporine) until you notice a change in your dry eyes.
- Not available in generic, so it can be expensive.
- For some people with dry eyes because of eye surgery, contact lenses, or thyroid problems, Restasis (Cyclosporine) hasn't been shown to work.
- There aren't a lot of other medications available for dry eye if Restasis (Cyclosporine) doesn't work.
- The most common complaint is the sensation of burning in the eye or an object in the eye after using Restasis (Cyclosporine).
How it works
Restasis (Cyclosporine) suppresses the parts of your immune system that cause dry eyes.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Restasis (cyclosporine)
- Ocular burning
- Conjunctival hyperemia
- Watery eyes
- Eye pain
- Foreign body sensation
- Visual disturbance
Risks and Warnings for Restasis (cyclosporine)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Sharing the vial with other people can spread infections and make your symptoms worse.
Common concerns from people taking Restasis (cyclosporine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?