Lowers blood pressure in your lungs.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Revatio (Sildenafil) is a first-choice treatment for pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure in the lungs).
- It's a first-choice medication for treating high blood pressure in the lungs.
- It's available as a generic medication.
- Different doses of Sildenafil (the active ingredient) are also used to treat erectile dysfunction.
- Can cause dizziness during the first few days.
- If you're using Revatio (Sildenafil) for high blood pressure in the lungs, you can't use Viagra or other erectile dysfunction drugs.
- You also can't use other forms of nitrates or nitroglycerin while taking Revatio (Sildenafil).
Save on your next Revatio (Sildenafil) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (30) 20mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 20mg tablets of Revatio (Sildenafil) at pharmacies
- Sams Club$22.98New price:$2.53Save89%
- Kroger Pharmacy$24.41New price:$0.98Save96%
- $30.54New price:$1.53Save95%
Side effects for Revatio (Sildenafil)
From clinical trials of Revatio / Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Retinal hemorrhageRetinal hemorrhage2% for Revatio vs.0% for placebo
What to expect when you take Revatio (Sildenafil)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- You need to take this medication at the same time every day.
- Can cause a headache, flushing, or nosebleeds.
- Don't take two doses at the same time if you missed a dose.
- The oral liquid (suspension) is good for 60 days or 2 months. Make sure to shake it well before using.
Risks and Warnings for Revatio (Sildenafil)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
People on Revatio (Sildenafil) can get low blood pressure. Be very careful getting up from a sitting or lying down position since this can make you feel dizzy and more likely to fall. Talk to your doctor if this is an issue.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Revatio (Sildenafil)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Risks from our pharmacists
- › There have been reports of men having an erection lasting more than 4 hours while on Revatio (Sildenafil). This has been rare. If not treated in time, this can cause permanent damage to your penis, including impotence. Talk to your doctor immediately or go to the emergency room if this happens.