Relieves nasal allergy symptoms.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide) is a steroid nasal spray that works best when used regularly for your nasal allergy symptoms.
- Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide) lowers the number of nasal symptoms you'll get during allergy season.
- Most people don't have many side effects since it works in the nose and doesn't affect the rest of your body.
- Doesn't make you drowsy or dizzy.
- Needs to be used everyday to work, so it can't be used as needed.
- Can hace an unpleasant smell or taste.
- It's good for 120 sprays, but there isn't a counter to help you keep track of sprays.
- Can't be used in kids younger than age 6 years.
- Need a prescription to get Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide).
Save on your next Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide) prescription
Get the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (30) 1mg/2ml ampule
- Cost for (30) 1mg/2ml ampules of Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide) at pharmacies
Side effects for Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide)
From clinical trials of Rhinocort Aqua / Seasonal or year-round allergies
- NosebleedNosebleed8% for Budesonide vs.5% for placebo
- Sore throatSore throat4% for Budesonide vs.3% for placebo
- BronchospasmBronchospasm2% for Budesonide vs.1% for placebo
- CoughingCoughing2% for Budesonide vs.0% for placebo
- Nasal irritationNasal irritation2% for Budesonide vs.0% for placebo
What to expect when you take Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Works best if used everyday. It takes about one week to start seeing the best results.
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure you know how to use this nose spray correctly.
- Shake the spray gently and clear your nose before each use.
- Before using it for the first time or if you haven't used it in 2 days, prime the spray pump until you see a fine mist.
- Breathe in slowly as you're spraying and tilt your head back slightly after spraying. Wait 15 minutes before blowing your nose if needed.
- Some people get minor nose irritation, nosebleeds, sore throat, or headaches after using it.
Risks and Warnings for Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Long-term use
Long-term use of Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide) can increase your risk of changes in the bony cartilage between your nostrils (nasal septum). Your doctor will check your nose regularly if you need to be on Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide) for a long time.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Rhinocort Aqua (Budesonide)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Upsides and downsides from our pharmacists
- › Doesn't make you drowsy or dizzy.