Relieves nasal congestion.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Ocean Saline Nasal Spray (Sodium Chloride) is a great way for children and adults to relieve dry, irritated, or stuffy noses. If your congestion is really bad, you might need something stronger.
- Ocean Saline Nasal Spray (Sodium Chloride) doesn't contain any medication, just salt and water.
- Works well for most people, and can be used in children and adults.
- Relieves runny noses, congestion, and throat itching, and makes breathing easier.
- Can prevent nosebleeds caused by dryness inside your nose.
- Safe to use if you have high blood pressure or heart disease, or if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It’s not as effective at treating sinus congestion and pain as other nasal sprays or decongestant medicines.
Side effects for Ocean Saline Nasal Spray (Sodium Chloride)
These are side effects of Ocean Saline Nasal Spray (Sodium Chloride) reported to the FDA by people taking it, and by doctors and pharmacists.
What to expect when you start Ocean Saline Nasal Spray (Sodium Chloride)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Safe for adults and children.
- Use 2 to 3 sprays in each nostril as often as needed.
- Use when your nose gets irritated from air travel, pollution, or other medications that dry you out.
- For adults, hold the bottle upright while spraying it. For children and infants, hold the bottle upside-down to give them a few drops of medication.
Risks and Warnings for Ocean Saline Nasal Spray (Sodium Chloride)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Sharing the nasal spray dispenser with others
If there's more than one person using the spray dispenser, it could spread infection.