Helps you focus and stay alert.
Our bottom line
Strattera (Atomoxetine) isn't considered a first-line medication for ADHD, but since it isn't a stimulant, it's still highly recommended.
- (30) 40mg capsule
- Cost for (30) 40mg capsules of Strattera (Atomoxetine) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$513.72New price:$446.94Save:13%
- $520.73New price:$447.83Save:14%
- $565.75New price:$452.60Save:20%
- Rite-Aid$566.15New price:$458.58Save:19%
- $517.40New price:$465.66Save:10%
- $525.63New price:$467.81Save:11%
- One of the few medications used to treat ADHD that's not a stimulant.
- It isn't a controlled substance.
- Strattera (Atomoxetine) is used in combination with counseling or other non-drug therapies to treat ADHD.
- You usually only need to take it once a day.
- It's a second-line medication used to treat ADHD. Other medications are usually tried first.
- It's only available as a brand name medication, so it can be expensive.
Strattera (Atomoxetine) is a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (non-stimulant). Researchers don't know exactly how it works for ADHD, but it increases norepinephrine activity in the brain, which affects attention and behavior.
What to expect when you take Strattera (Atomoxetine) for Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Strattera (Atomoxetine)
- Dry mouth
- Decreased appetite
- Sleep difficulty
- Changes in heart rate or blood pressure
Risks and Warnings for Strattera (Atomoxetine)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Age below 18
Children and adolescents on Strattera (Atomoxetine) may be at higher risk to attempt suicide. If you notice worsening changes in your child's behavior or wants to hurt himself or herself, talk to your doctor immediately.
This is a black box warning. The FDA requires this warning when there is a significant risk of serious or life-threatening effects that anyone taking the drug should consider.
Common concerns from people taking Strattera (Atomoxetine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Take it with 'heavy' food with a lot of fat and protein to avoid nausea
- Can't get a full erection, ejaculation is painful - like getting kicked. Episodic lethargy and almost complete emotional suppression. Nausea, headaches, dizziness. Not nice.