Treats low testosterone.
Prescription onlyNo lower cost generic available
Our bottom line
Hormones in the testosterone tablet can't be transferred to other people by skin-to-skin contact, but it can interfere with how food tastes and with teethbrushing and flossing.
- Unlike topical forms of testosterone like gels or solutions, you can't transfer this medication to another person accidentally by skin-to-skin contact.
- If you use it correctly, it won't come off of your gums during eating or drinking.
- Not available in generic form, so it can be more expensive..
- Can change the way food tastes.
- You have to be good about brushing and flossing your teeth, otherwise it can be more likely to fall off.
- Can cause gum irritation, pain, swelling, and tenderness.
Save on your next Striant (Testosterone Tablet) prescription
Get the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (30) 50mg of 1% packet
- Cost for (30) 50mg of 1% packets of Striant (Testosterone Tablet) at pharmacies
- Rite-Aid$453.38New price:$131.48Save:71%
- $549.34New price:$241.71Save:56%
What to expect when you take Striant (Testosterone Tablet)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Tips from our pharmacists
- Place the rounded side of the testosterone tablet on gums right above your incisor (canine) tooth, close your mouth, then hold the tablet against the gums by placing your finger over your lip where the tablet is placed for 30 seconds. Switch sides for each new tablet you use.
- Make sure that the tablet is still there after you're done eating or drinking.
- If the tablet falls off your gum within 8 hours of putting it on, you can put a new tablet on for a total of 12 hours, then put on a new one at the regularly scheduled time.
- Do your brushing and flossing and other mouth care before you put the testosterone tablet on your gums.
Skip side effects sections. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effects for Striant (Testosterone Tablet)
From clinical trials of Striant / Testosterone replacement ( 98)
- Gum or mouth irritationGum or mouth irritation9% for Testosterone vs.0% for placebo
- Taste bitterTaste bitter4% for Testosterone vs.0% for placebo
- Gum painGum pain3% for Testosterone vs.0% for placebo
- Gum tendernessGum tenderness3% for Testosterone vs.0% for placebo
- HeadacheHeadache3% for Testosterone vs.0% for placebo
- Gum edemaGum edema2% for Testosterone vs.0% for placebo
- Change in tasteChange in taste2% for Testosterone vs.0% for placebo
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Striant (Testosterone Tablet)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Upsides and downsides from our pharmacists
- › Can change the way food tastes.