Prevents the flu.
Our bottom line
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) can reduce flu symptoms, but it needs to be taken within two days of the flu starting or it won't work.
- (1) 10 capsules of 75mg dose pack
- Cost for (1) 10 capsules of 75mg dose pack of Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) at pharmacies
- $153.84New price:$58.46Save:62%
- $133.83New price:$62.90Save:53%
- Rite-Aid$150.72New price:$69.33Save:54%
- $146.74New price:$105.65Save:28%
- Kroger Pharmacy$153.60New price:$115.20Save:25%
- $134.53New price:$115.70Save:14%
- Kmart$176.83New price:$143.23Save:19%
- A liquid form is available for those not able to swallow capsules.
- Dosing is fairly easy; it's only taken twice a day for 5 days.
- Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) needs to be taken within 2 days of the start of flu symptoms, or else it won't work.
- Taking Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) won't prevent you from spreading the flu to others.
- Could cause headaches or confusion.
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) is an antiviral medication that when taken within 48 hours of the flu starting, can shorten the time it takes your body to get rid of the virus and make your symptoms go away faster.
Side effect rates for Tamiflu (Oseltamivir)
- Middle ear inflammation
- Lung infection
Risks and Warnings for Tamiflu (Oseltamivir)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) should not be taken if the patient has had a nasal flu vaccine within the last two weeks.