Prevents the flu.
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) can reduce flu symptoms, but it needs to be taken within two days of the flu starting or it won't work.
Price and discounts
- (1) 10 capsules of 75mg dose pack
- Cost for (1) 10 capsules of 75mg dose pack of Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) at pharmacies
- $153.84New price:$58.46Save:62%
- Rite-Aid$150.72New price:$69.33Save:54%
- $146.69New price:$95.35Save:35%
- Kroger Pharmacy$154.92New price:$99.15Save:36%
- $134.53New price:$115.70Save:14%
- A liquid form is available for those not able to swallow capsules.
- Dosing is fairly easy; it's only taken twice a day for 5 days.
- Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) needs to be taken within 2 days of the start of flu symptoms, or else it won't work.
- Taking Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) won't prevent you from spreading the flu to others.
- Could cause headaches or confusion.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Tamiflu (Oseltamivir)
186 From clinical trials of Tamiflu / Flu prevention
- Middle ear inflammation
- Lung infection
Risks and Warnings for Tamiflu (Oseltamivir)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) should not be taken if the patient has had a nasal flu vaccine within the last two weeks.
Common concerns from people taking Tamiflu (Oseltamivir)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- you need to eat a lot so you dont get the nausea and vomiting. hard to prepare food when you have the flu.