Prevents the flu.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) can reduce flu symptoms, but it needs to be taken within two days of the flu starting or it won't work.
- A liquid form is available for those not able to swallow capsules.
- Dosing is fairly easy; it's only taken twice a day for 5 days.
- Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) needs to be taken within 2 days of the start of flu symptoms, or else it won't work.
- Taking Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) won't prevent you from spreading the flu to others.
- Could cause headaches or confusion.
Save on your next Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- Prices for (1) 10 capsules of 75mg dose pack of Tamiflu (Oseltamivir)
- Kroger Pharmacy
Side effects for Tamiflu (Oseltamivir)
From clinical trials of Tamiflu / Flu prevention ( 186)
- VomitingVomiting2% for Tamiflu vs.10% for placebo
- Middle ear inflammationMiddle ear inflammation2% for Tamiflu vs.2% for placebo
- Lung infectionLung infection2% for Tamiflu vs.0% for placebo
- BronchitisBronchitis2% for Tamiflu vs.0% for placebo
- Asthma (including aggravated)Asthma (including aggravated)1% for Tamiflu vs.1% for placebo
- NauseaNausea1% for Tamiflu vs.4% for placebo
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Abdominal pain
- Ear disorder
- Pink eye
- Sinus inflammation
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Tympanic membrane disorder
What to expect when you start Tamiflu (Oseltamivir)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Get a flu shot every year to prevent getting the flu.
- Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) is available as capsules or a liquid.
- You need to start taking Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) within a day or two of feeling the start of the flu, otherwise it won't work as well.
- Unless told otherwise by your doctor, you should take Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) for at least 5 days.
Risks and Warnings for Tamiflu (Oseltamivir)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) should not be taken if the patient has had a nasal flu vaccine within the last two weeks.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Tamiflu (Oseltamivir)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- you need to eat a lot so you dont get the nausea and vomiting. hard to prepare food when you have the flu.Taken for: flu