Treats low testosterone.
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
No pricing data for this drug at this filter setting. Try searching onGoodRx
Our bottom line
This testosterone gel comes in convenient daily doses, but you have to be careful about skin-to-skin contact with other people.
- You apply it to your shoulders and upper arms like a lotion, so it's easy to use.
- Available in individual daily doses, so it's more convenient than some alternatives.
- Not available in generic form, so it can be more expensive.
- You have to let the skin dry after you've put on testosterone gel, and you have to wear clothes over the area to prevent the medication from spreading onto other people.
- You have to wait at least 2 hours after applying testosterone gel before you can swim or bathe, otherwise your body won't absorb the full amount of the medication.
How it works
Testosterone gel works by adding or replacing the hormone testosterone in your body. Testosterone is responsible for causing and maintaining many of the changes in male bodies from puberty on.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Testim (testosterone gel)
Common concerns from people taking Testim (testosterone gel)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?