Treats low testosterone.
Prescription onlyNo lower cost generic available
Our bottom line
This testosterone gel comes in convenient daily doses, but you have to be careful about skin-to-skin contact with other people.
- You apply it to your shoulders and upper arms like a lotion, so it's easy to use.
- Available in individual daily doses, so it's more convenient than some alternatives.
- Not available in generic form, so it can be more expensive.
- You have to let the skin dry after you've put on testosterone gel, and you have to wear clothes over the area to prevent the medication from spreading onto other people.
- You have to wait at least 2 hours after applying testosterone gel before you can swim or bathe, otherwise your body won't absorb the full amount of the medication.
Loading pricing data...
What to expect when you take Testim (Testosterone Gel)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Tips from our pharmacists
- Use the entire contents of one tube each day and apply to your shoulders and upper arms. Don't put it anywhere else.
- Don't swim or bathe for at least 2 hours after you apply testosterone gel.
- Cover the area with clothing as soon as it's dry so you don't spread it to other people, and wash your hands with soap and water.
- If you think you'll have skin-to-skin contact at the area where you've placed testosterone gel, wash that area with soap and water then dry.
Skip side effects sections. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effects for Testim (Testosterone Gel)
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Activated partial thromboplastin time prolonged
- Appetite increased
- Blood creatinine increased
- Depression with suicidal ideation
- High blood pressure
- Mood swings
- Prothrombin time prolonged
- Sensitive nipples
- Urinary tract infection
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Testim (Testosterone Gel)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?