Lowers blood pressure and controls heart rate.
Our bottom line
Toprol Xl (Metoprolol Succinate) is good for controlling chest pain and treating heart failure and heart attack. You can't miss doses.
- (30) 25mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 25mg tablets of Toprol Xl (Metoprolol Succinate) at pharmacies
- $46.52New price:$15.35Save:67%
- Kroger Pharmacy$29.21New price:$16.65Save:43%
- $39.07New price:$17.97Save:54%
- $32.12New price:$18.63Save:42%
- $31.95New price:$19.49Save:39%
- A first-choice treatment to prevent chest pain (angina). Makes pain attacks less frequent and makes it easier to be active without having chest pain.
- A first-choice treatment for heart failure. May prevent long-term heart damage.
- A first-choice treatment for heart attack. Lowers the risk of death during and after a heart attack.
- Toprol XL is the extended release version of Lopressor.
- Taking a beta blocker might make you feel more tired or out of breath during exercise or normal daily routines. This gets better for most people, but for some might not go away.
- Not a first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have heart failure or heart disease.
- Can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you're diabetic.
- You can't miss doses. Stopping Toprol XL suddenly can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke.
What to expect when you take Toprol Xl (Metoprolol Succinate) for Lowers blood pressureSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Toprol Xl (Metoprolol Succinate)
- Heart failure
- Low blood pressure
- Abnormally slow heartbeat
- Heart block
Risks and Warnings for Toprol Xl (Metoprolol Succinate)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Diabetes
Patients on Toprol Xl (Metoprolol Succinate) who are also diabetic may not recognize symptoms of low blood sugar, except for sweating and dizziness. Talk to your doctor about when to monitor your blood sugar if you are started on Toprol Xl (Metoprolol Succinate).