Lower-cost generic available
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
An effective controller of high pressure in the eye. Lowering eye pressure back to normal can prevent the onset of glaucoma.
- Easy to use, with one drop daily in the evening.
- Can use with other eye drops, if needed for better results.
- Available as a generic, which is cheaper.
- Can cause your eye and eyelashes to appear more brown, regardless of their original color.
- Can increase the length, thickness and number of eyelashes.
- For long term use you may need Travatan-z, which is not available as a generic, so it can be expensive.
Save on your next Travatan (Travoprost) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
Skip side effects sections. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effects for Travatan (Travoprost)
What to expect when you start Travatan (Travoprost)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Tips from our pharmacists
- Wash your hands before putting drops in your eyes.
- Don’t touch the dropper tip to your eye or hands.
- If you wear contacts, take them out first and wait 15 minutes after you use the dropper before you replace them.
- After putting the drop in your eye, press one finger to the inner corner and press lightly for 1 minute.
- If you use another eye drop, wait 5 minutes between drops.
Risks and Warnings for Travatan (Travoprost)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Long term use
Travatan (Travoprost) can cause the white part of the eye to become red. This happens much less frequently with Travatan-z.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Travatan (Travoprost)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?