Our bottom line
An effective controller of high pressure in the eye. Lowering eye pressure back to normal can prevent the onset of glaucoma.
- Easy to use, with one drop daily in the evening.
- Can use with other eye drops, if needed for better results.
- Available as a generic, which is cheaper.
- Can cause your eye and eyelashes to appear more brown, regardless of their original color.
- Can increase the length, thickness and number of eyelashes.
- For long term use you may need Travatan-z, which is not available as a generic, so it can be expensive.
Travatan (Travoprost) reduces pressure inside the eye, which is a cause of glaucoma, and can lead to blindness if not corrected.
- Ocular hypertension
- Eye drops
Side effect rates for Travatan (travoprost)
Risks and Warnings for Travatan (travoprost)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Long term use
Travatan (Travoprost) can cause the white part of the eye to become red. This happens much less frequently with Travatan-z.