Calms down skin inflammation.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Triderm (Triamcinolone) works well for itchy, red skin, but over time steroids can make your skin thin and prone to infections.
- Effective at treating the itchiness and redness of rashes and skin irritation.
- Available in generic.
- Can be used with other medications if there is a skin infection.
- Can slow down wound healing.
- Because it's a steroid, it can thin healthy skin and make it more susceptible to infections or cuts.
Save on your next Triderm (Triamcinolone) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (1) 15g of 0.1% tube of ointment
- Cost for (1) 15g of 0.1% tube of ointment of Triderm (Triamcinolone) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$6.02New price:$4.94Save:18%
- $10.32New price:$5.88Save:43%
- $14.82New price:$5.93Save:60%
Side effects for Triderm (Triamcinolone)
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Acneiform eruptions
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Hair growth in unusual places
- Maceration of the skin
- Perioral dermatitis
- Secondary infection
- Skin atrophy
- Skin pore infection
- Stretch marks
What to expect when you take Triderm (Triamcinolone)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Don't use bandages that restrict airflow over the area where you apply the medication unless told to by your doctor.
- Can slow down skin healing.
- Wash and dry the area before using the medication, and wash and dry your hands before and after you apply the medication.
- If you're using a cream or ointment to treat an infection in the same area, apply that first before using Triamcinolone.
- Avoid using near your face, underarms or groin unless told to by your doctor.
Risks and Warnings for Triderm (Triamcinolone)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Using bandages that restrict airflow and using over a wide area of the skin for a long time
Adrenal suppression can occur if you are using Triderm (Triamcinolone), especially over a wide area of the skin for a long time and if you're using bandages that prevent airflow over the area.. Symptoms include joint or muscle pain, extreme low energy and depression. Use this medication exactly how your doctor tells you to.