Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Trilipix is good for lowering triglycerides (fats), but it's not as good as statins for improving cholesterol and cardiovascular disease risk.
- Lowers "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides (fats) and raises "good" cholesterol (HDL) in people who have trouble doing this through diet and exercise.
- Good medicine for lowering triglycerides.
- In clinical studies, Trilipix hasn't lowered cholesterol or the risk of heart attack and stroke better than statins.
- Different forms and strengths of this medication can't be substituted for each other.
Save on your next Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- Cost of (30) 135mg capsules of Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid) at pharmacies
- $95.03New price:$27.56Save71%
- Kroger Pharmacy$151.04New price:$83.07Save45%
- $112.35New price:$42.69Save62%
Side effects for Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid)
Manufacturers don’t say how common these side effects are
- Blood cpk increased
- Cough and pharyngolaryngeal pain
- Decreased liver function
- Hepatic enzyme increased
- High blood pressure
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Sleep difficulty
- Urinary tract infection
What to expect when you start Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
- Can be used with other medications to help lower cholesterol.
- Lowers triglycerides.
- Can raise your chance of getting colds and flu.
- Call your doctor if you develop muscle or abdominal pain.
- Also taking Welchol or Questran? Take this medicine at least 2 hours before or 4 hours after.
Risks and Warnings for Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Taking Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid) with statins
People on Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid) while taking statins have reported muscle pain which may lead to muscle and kidney damage. This has been very rare. Talk to your doctor if you develop sudden muscle pain or weakness or fever and you don't know why.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Risks from our pharmacists
- › People on Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid) while taking statins have reported muscle pain which may lead to muscle and kidney damage. This has been very rare. Talk to your doctor if you develop sudden muscle pain or weakness or fever and you don't know why.