No lower cost generic available
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Trintellix (Vortioxetine) is a new type of serotonin modulating antidepressant that can be tried when the other antidepressants don't work, but some people may find the side effects intolerable and the cost expensive.
- Relieves depression symptoms.
- May improve memory.
- Possibly less side effect on sex drive/enjoyment compared to other antidepressants.
- Works differently than other serotonine modifying antidepressants.
- Likely expensive since insurance may not cover it.
- Stomach issues, particularly nausea, can be persistant for some people.
- Higher likelihood of interaction with other medications.
Save on your next Trintellix (Vortioxetine) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (30) 20mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 20mg tablets of Trintellix (Vortioxetine) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$380.59New price:$342.53Save:10%
- $379.65New price:$345.48Save:9%
- $381.49New price:$347.16Save:9%
- $377.35New price:$347.16Save:8%
Skip side effects sections. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effects for Trintellix (Vortioxetine)
What to expect when you take Trintellix (Vortioxetine) for DepressionSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Tips from our pharmacists
- Take with food and/or at night to lessen stomach issues, such as nausea, diarrhea, gas.
- Stomach disturbances usually happen withine the first 1-2 weeks and improves over time, but can persist for some people.
- Make sure it doesn't interact with your other medications.
- Takes about 8 to 12 weeks to see the medication's full effects on your mood.
- Don't stop taking the medicine suddenly to avoid withdrawl symptoms.
- Tell your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or unusual thoughts.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Trintellix (Vortioxetine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Tips from our pharmacists
- › Take with food and/or at night to lessen stomach issues, such as nausea, diarrhea, gas.
- Upsides and downsides from our pharmacists
- › Possibly less side effect on sex drive/enjoyment compared to other antidepressants.
- No sexual side effects. Intense nausea was experienced and solved by biting and crushing tablets. Irritiability and agression experienced on starting medication and infrequently throughout treatment. Escitalopram was better for anxiety.Age: 27Gender: ManTaken for: Depression