Lowers blood pressure and controls heart rate.
Our bottom line
Visken (pindolol) lowers high blood pressure and controls chest pain.
- Visken (pindolol) works well to reduce heart rate and help control blood pressure.
- Visken (pindolol) can cause less low pressure and dizziness than other beta-blockers.
- Available as generic.
- Taking Visken (pindolol) can make you tired or out of breath. This gets better with most people.
- You can't miss doses. Stopping Visken (pindolol) suddenly can cause your blood pressure to go up quickly, which can raise the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Visken (pindolol) can hide symptoms of low blood sugar. People with diabetes should watch their blood sugar carefully.
Visken (pindolol) is a beta blocker. It lowers blood pressure by slowing down your heart rate, which helps the heart to pump blood with less effort.
What to expect when you take Visken (pindolol) for High blood pressureSkip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Visken (pindolol)
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Swelling (edema)
- Muscle cramps
Risks and Warnings for Visken (pindolol)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › History of heart failure
There have been reports of people developing heart failure while taking Visken (pindolol). Talk to your doctor if you notice swelling in your feet or ankles, if your pulse feels fast or irregular, or if you have shortness of breath when you lie down or exercise.
Common concerns from people taking Visken (pindolol)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Visken (pindolol) can cause dizziness, tiredness and muscle aches for a few days after starting this medicine.