Raises Vitamin D levels.
Our bottom line
Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol) works for vitamin D deficiencies and is available over the counter, but your body doesn't absorb it as well as Vitamin D3.
- (4) 1.25mg of 50000iu capsule
- Cost for (4) 1.25mg of 50000iu capsules of Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol) at pharmacies
- $10.16New price:$6.91Save:32%
- $12.00New price:$7.08Save:41%
- Rite-Aid$12.54New price:$8.65Save:31%
- Effective for vitamin D deficiencies.
- Available in generic and over the counter.
- This is the plant-based version of vitamin D, so it's useful for vegetarians.
- Available in oral solution, tablet and capsules.
- You can take this as a once a day or once a week medication.
- Your body doesn't absorb Vitamin D2 as well as Vitamin D3.
Side effect rates for Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol)
Risks and Warnings for Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
People on Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol) who take more than the recommended dose can have high calcium in the blood, which can be dangerous in the kidneys. If you notice a metallic taste in your mouth, muscle or joint pain or a bad headache, talk to your doctor. Keep the amount of calcium you eat the same from day to day.
Common concerns from people taking Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Call your doctor if you notice a metallic taste in your mouth, muscle or joint pain, headache or sleepiness.