Raises Vitamin D levels.
Our bottom line
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) works well for vitamin D deficiencies and is available over the counter. It absorbs better than vitamin D2, but it's animal-based so vegetarians and vegans might not want to take it.
- (4) 50000iu capsule
- Cost for (4) 50000iu capsules of Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$3.55New price:$2.06Save:42%
- Available in generic and over the counter.
- Available in oral solution, tablet, and capsules.
- You can take it as a once-a-day or once-a-week medication.
- This version of vitamin D is better absorbed by the body than vitamin D2.
- This is an animal-based version of vitamin D, so vegetarians and vegans may not be comfortable with taking this supplement.
Side effect rates for Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)
Risks and Warnings for Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
People on Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) who take more than the recommended dose can have high calcium in the blood, which can be dangerous in the kidneys. If you notice a metallic taste in your mouth, muscle or joint pain or a bad headache, talk to your doctor. Keep the amount of calcium you eat the same from day to day.
Common concerns from people taking Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Call your doctor if you notice a metallic taste in your mouth, muscle or joint pain, headache or sleepiness.