Helps you focus and stay alert.
Our bottom line
Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) is a first-choice treatment for ADHD and you only have to take it once a day. However, it's only available as brand name drug, so it can be expensive.
- (30) 30mg capsule
- Cost for (30) 30mg capsules of Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) at pharmacies
- Kroger Pharmacy$323.64New price:$284.80Save:12%
- $324.10New price:$285.21Save:12%
- $374.73New price:$288.54Save:23%
- Rite-Aid$360.07New price:$291.66Save:19%
- First-choice medication to treat ADHD.
- Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) is used in combination with counseling or other non-drug therapies to treat ADHD.
- Usually dosed once a day, so parents don't need to send the medication with their children to school.
- The capsule can be taken whole, or opened into a glass of water or orange juice, or swallowed in a spoonful of yogurt.
- Has to be taken in the morning, otherwise it can cause insomnia later that night.
- Not available as a generic medication, so it can be expensive.
- It's a controlled medication and should be locked up to prevent potential abuse.
- Not safe for people with a history of heart problems.
What to expect when you take Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) for Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Side effect rates for Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine)
- Sleep difficulty
- Decreased appetite
- Dry mouth
- Any side effect
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling jittery
Risks and Warnings for Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) 14 days before starting
Taking Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) when you've recently stopped taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors within the last two weeks can cause your blood pressure to rise very high. Go to the emergency room or talk to your doctor immediately if you feel dizzy or faint or have a very bad headache.
Common concerns from people taking Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
- Don't take it with alcohol or drugs.
- Only take in the morning with food, otherwise it can make you feel jittery. With food, the effects are less intense and last longer.
- Gives me poor sirculation and not a huge appetite but if you eat a big breakfast you'll have your normal appetite throughout the day.
- May interfere with deep sleep. Mild gastrointestinal upset.
- My 8 year old son is on this for ADHD and he's lost a lot of weight, I'm so upset but it works great for focus.
- I only weigh 95 pounds and I skip my meals and am constantly wanting to get up and do something active. My appetite loss is very critical in my situation. Maybe taking this side effect out