Lowers eye pressure.
Prescription onlyLower-cost generic available
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Xalatan (Latanoprost) lowers high pressure in the eye well and helps prevent glaucoma.
- It's easy to use and you only need to give yourself one drop each day in the evening.
- Can be used along with other eye drops, if needed for better results.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) is available generically.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) can increase the length, thickness, and number of your eyelashes.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) can turn the colored part of your eye and your eyelashes brown.
Save on your next Xalatan (Latanoprost) prescription
Be sure you’re getting the lowest price for your medication, even if you have insurance.
- (1) 2.5ml of 0.005% eye dropper
- Cost for (1) 2.5ml of 0.005% eye dropper of Xalatan (Latanoprost) at pharmacies
- $39.91New price:$13.97Save:65%
- Kroger Pharmacy$87.89New price:$15.82Save:82%
- $72.29New price:$17.35Save:76%
Skip side effects sections. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effects for Xalatan (Latanoprost)
What to expect when you take Xalatan (Latanoprost)Skip what to expect section. Skip to Risks & Warnings section.
Tips from our pharmacists
- Wash your hands before putting drops in your eyes.
- Don't touch the dropper tip to your eye or with your hands.
- If you wear contacts, remove them and wait 15 minutes after putting the drop in your eye, to put your contacts back in.
- After putting drops in the eye, press one finger to the inner corner of eye, by the nose, and press lightly for 1 minute.
- If using this with another eyedrop medication, wait five minutes between using them.
Risks and Warnings for Xalatan (Latanoprost)Skip Risks and Warnings section. Skip to Tips section.
- Higher risk if:
- › Replacing contact lenses to soon
You must wait 15 minutes before replacing contact lenses. If replaced too soon the lenses may darken and be damaged.
Tips from pharmacists and people taking Xalatan (Latanoprost)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?