Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
Zetia can improve your cholesterol, but it doesn't reduce heart attacks or heart disease, and it's expensive compared to other cholesterol-lowering medicines.
Coupons and discounts
- (30) 10mg tablet
- Cost for (30) 10mg tablets of Zetia (Ezetimibe) at pharmacies
- $307.71New price:$107.70Save:65%
- $268.84New price:$118.29Save:56%
- Rite-Aid$297.43New price:$130.87Save:56%
- $265.95New price:$223.40Save:16%
- Kroger Pharmacy$309.11New price:$225.65Save:27%
- Lowers "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and raises "good" cholesterol (HDL) in people who have trouble doing this through diet and exercise.
- Can be used with other medicines to improve cholesterol.
- Available in a combination pill with simvastatin.
People say this drug is:127 reviews
- Doesn't lower triglycerides (fats).
- Hasn't been shown to lower the risk of heart attacks or heart disease.
- By itself, Zetia is not as effective as statins for improving cholesterol.
- There's no generic available, so it can be expensive.
Skip side effects section. Skip to What to Expect and Pharmacists Tips section.
Side effect rates for Zetia (Ezetimibe)
3555 From clinical trials of Zetia / High cholesterol
- Ear, nose, or throat infection
- Sinus inflammation
- Pain in extremity
Risks and Warnings for Zetia (Ezetimibe)Skip risks section. Skip to common concerns section.
Talk to your doctor if you are planning to become pregnant or are pregnant, as Zetia (Ezetimibe) can cause birth defects up to death of the fetus. Your doctor will discuss alternatives for you.
Common concerns from people taking Zetia (Ezetimibe)Final section. Do you want to return to drug navigation?
Kidneys and liver
- Reports of liver disease have been reported in people who take Zetia (Ezetimibe), especially if taken with statins. Talk to your doctor if you've ever had liver disease as they may discuss alternatives, or they may monitor your liver with blood tests.