Slips over the penis to prevent pregnancy and reduce risk of STDs.6.045238095238095Condoms
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
Condoms are easy to use, easy to get, and a great way to prevent pregnancy and STDs.
What’s the failure rate?
of people using this method got pregnant in a year
This method is ranked 12 out of 17 birth control methods listed. The lower the number, the better.SourceMore birth control methods
- Cheap, easy to use, and great for spontaneous sex.
- Extremely effective when used perfectly - but only pretty good in real life.
- The best way to prevent infections or sexual transmitted diseases.
- Available in different colors, shapes, textures, and even different flavors.
- Can be used with other forms of birth control to avoid STDs.
- Can delay ejaculation, which makes sex last longer.
- Handy and cheap as back-up birth control with other birth control methods.
- Have to be used every time, correctly, which can be hard in the heat of the moment.
- Can reduce sensation, so takes some getting used to.
- Condoms with spermicide or made of latex can make some people sensitive.