Slips over the penis to prevent pregnancy and reduce risk of STDs.
Our pharmacists’ bottom line
Condoms are easy to use, easy to get, and a great way to prevent pregnancy and STDs.
of people using this method got pregnant in a year
Worth it?Is it worth it?
Works well?Does it work?
Hassle?Is it a hassle?
- Cheap, easy to use, and great for spontaneous sex.
- Extremely effective when used perfectly - but only pretty good in real life.
- The best way to prevent infections or sexual transmitted diseases.
- Available in different colors, shapes, textures, and even different flavors.
- Can be used with other forms of birth control to avoid STDs.
- Can delay ejaculation, which makes sex last longer.
- Handy and cheap as back-up birth control with other birth control methods.
- Have to be used every time, correctly, which can be hard in the heat of the moment.
- Can reduce sensation, so takes some getting used to.
- Condoms with spermicide or made of latex can make some people sensitive.
Tips from pharmacists and people using CondomsFinal section. Do you want to return to method navigation?
- It takes practice putting a condom on... When I was in high school I was always freaked out that it would slip off during sex or the bodily fluids would still make its way out when taking it off. Took a while to feel totally comfortable.Age: 22Gender: WomanTaken for: Pregnancy prevention