Pull out, cross fingers.5.519685039370079Withdrawal
Skip Upsides & Downsides section. Skip to side effects section.
Our bottom line
Withdrawal means pulling the penis out of the vagina before ejaculation. This is often easier said than done.
What’s the failure rate?
of people using this method got pregnant in a year
This method is ranked 15 out of 17 birth control methods listed. The lower the number, the better.SourceMore birth control methods
- No side effects.
- Can be used when there's no other option.
- Requires timing and trust.
- Not recommended for those not experienced with sex.
- Really easy to get it wrong.
- Even seemingly perfect pull-out can still end up in pregnancy.