Compare Allegra vs. Qvar
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Treats allergy symptoms.
Allegra (fexofenadine) relieves allergy symptoms without making you feel drowsy.
3.9/ 5 average rating with 24 reviewsforAllegra
Prevents breathing problems.
Qvar (Beclomethasone) is good at controlling and preventing asthma symptoms when you take it every day.
3.2/ 5 average rating with 35 reviewsforQvar
- Allegra (fexofenadine) is effective at reducing symptoms for seasonal allergies and chronic hives without significant drowsiness, unlike Benadryl.
- Approved for kids aged 6 months or older.
- Allegra (fexofenadine) comes in many forms, like tablet, liquid, and quick-dissolving tablet.
- Relieves symptoms and improves control of asthma.
- People report fewer asthma symptoms and better lung function when they take it every day.
- Inhaling this medicine (rather than taking an oral steroid) gets more into the lungs and less into rest of your body, which lowers the risk of side effects. Inhaled corticosteroids can be used safely for years compared to oral corticosteroids like prednisone.
- Allegra (fexofenadine)'s effectiveness can wear off over time.
- The dose needs to be adjusted for people with kidney problems.
- You have to use Qvar every day to control your symptoms.
- You can't lower the dose or stop taking it too suddenly.
- Steroids can slow height growth in kids.
- Because steroids suppress your immune system, you can catch bacterial and viral infections easier, and they can take longer to go away.
- Can cause new or worsening eye pressure, glaucoma, and cataracts.
- Dissolving tablet
- Nasal spray
No pricing information available
$299.85Find instant savings near you
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
24 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Allegra (fexofenadine)?Leave a review
4possible side effects
- Back Pain2%
- Stomach discomfort2%
- Pain in hands/feet2%
2possible side effects
Risks and risk factors
- Driving impairment
- Taking with alcohol
- Taking other medicines that make you less alert
- Brain damage from too much phenylalanine
- History of phenylketonuria (PKU)
- Adrenal suppression (HPA axis suppression)
- Lowering dose or stopping too quickly especially after long-term treatment
- Stress such as trauma, surgery or infection
- Increased risk for bacterial and viral infection
- Bacterial or viral infection not being treated
- Long-term treatment
- Not vaccinated against chickenpox or measles
- Mouth and throat infection
- Not rinsing mouth after use
- Higher dose of Qvar (Beclomethasone)
- Difficulty breathing (bronchospasm)
- Reduced growth rate in children
- Dose of Qvar (Beclomethasone)
- Duration of treatment
- Eye problems
- History of high internal eye pressure
- History of cataracts
- History of glaucoma