Compare Arnuity Ellipta vs. olopatadine
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
An easy-to-use, convenient inhaler for asthma patients 12 years or older.
Relieves itchy eyes due to allergies.
Pataday (olopatadine) is an effective treatment for itchy eyes due to allergies, but it doesn't treat eye irritation caused by infections or contact lens wear.
- You only need to take Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) once per day.
- Breathe-activated inhalers may be easier to use than aerosol inhalers, and do not require cleaning and maintenance.
- Starts working in less than 30 minutes.
- Safe to use in children age 2 or older.
- Pataday (olopatadine) is available in a once daily formulation.
- Most people experience little side effects since the medicine works in your eyes and doesn't affect the rest of your body.
- Safe to be used together with other oral medicines that also treat allergies.
- Don't forget to rinse your mouth after each use as Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) can cause a fungal infection in the mouth or throat.
- Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) is not for on-demand treatment of an asthma attack. You will still need to have a rescue inhaler handy.
- Do not take Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) if you're allergic to milk proteins since it contains dairy.
- Available as a prescription only.
- Pataday (olopatadine) comes in a generic form, but is still relatively expensive compared to its alternatives.
- Doesn't help relieve itch related to infections or contact lens wear.
- Good control of hand and eye movements is needed in order to get the medicine into the eyes successfully.
- Allergy-related itchy eyes
- Eye drops
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
11possible side effects
- Common cold8%
- Lung inflammation7%
- Lung infection6%
- Sore throat4%
- Sinus infection4%
- Stomach flu3%
- Fungal infection of the mouth3%
- Fungal infection of the mouth and throat3%
- Pain from fungal infection of the mouth and throat3%
The Pataday (olopatadine) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- Increased risk of infections
- Not for asthma attack
- Sudden breathing problems
- Weaker bones
- Low bone mineral bone density
- Prolonged immobilization
- Family history of osteroporosis
- Use of anticonvulsants
- Use of oral corticosteroids.
- Slowed growth
- For external use only
- Not to be used with contact lenses
- Keeping the applicator clean