Compare Asmanex vs. Arnuity Ellipta
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Controls asthma symptoms over time.
Asmanex (mometasone) is good for controlling and preventing asthma symptoms, but you have to take it daily for effective treatment.
3.4/ 5 average rating with 69 reviewsforAsmanex
An easy-to-use, convenient inhaler for asthma patients 12 years or older.
- Can use Asmanex (mometasone) in children age 4 or older.
- Has very few interactions with other medications.
- Helps fight inflammation of the lungs and keep asthma symptoms under control.
- Asmanex (mometasone) is an inhaler so it allows for more direct delivery of medicine to the lungs compared to a pill.
- Most people are prescribed to use Asmanex (mometasone) only once a day.
- You only need to take Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) once per day.
- Breathe-activated inhalers may be easier to use than aerosol inhalers, and do not require cleaning and maintenance.
- Not available in generic form and can be expensive.
- Maximum effects of Asmanex (mometasone) can take 1 to 2 weeks or longer to reach.
- Might not be a good option for those with a severe milk protein allergy.
- Asmanex (mometasone) can cause fungal infections of the mouth and throat, especially if you don't rinse your mouth after using it.
- Not recommended for people who have a weakened immune system or an untreated, active infection.
- Don't forget to rinse your mouth after each use as Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) can cause a fungal infection in the mouth or throat.
- Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) is not for on-demand treatment of an asthma attack. You will still need to have a rescue inhaler handy.
- Do not take Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) if you're allergic to milk proteins since it contains dairy.
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
69 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Asmanex (mometasone)?Leave a review
Not enough review data.Leave a review
6possible side effects
- Stomach pain6%
- Seasonal allergies4%
- Urinary tract infection2%
11possible side effects
- Common cold8%
- Lung inflammation7%
- Lung infection6%
- Sore throat4%
- Sinus infection4%
- Stomach flu3%
- Fungal infection of the mouth3%
- Fungal infection of the mouth and throat3%
- Pain from fungal infection of the mouth and throat3%
Risks and risk factors
- Adrenal gland problems
- Switching from steroid pills to steroid inhalers
- Long-term use of steroids
- Stopping steroids too quickly
- Serious allergic reaction
- Milk protein allergy
- Increased risk for infections
- Current infection without treatment
- Not current with vaccinations
- Taking other corticosteroids with Asmanex (mometasone)
- Sudden breathing problems
- Delayed growth children
- Higher doses of Asmanex (mometasone)
- Long-term use
- Fungal infection of the mouth and throat
- Not rinsing mouth after use
- Using higher dose of Asmanex (mometasone)
- Increased risk of infections
- Not for asthma attack
- Sudden breathing problems
- Weaker bones
- Low bone mineral bone density
- Prolonged immobilization
- Family history of osteroporosis
- Use of anticonvulsants
- Use of oral corticosteroids.
- Slowed growth