Compare aspirin vs. Celebrex
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Relieves pain, fever, and inflammation.
Ecotrin (aspirin) can be used for pain and fever relief or heart protection, and is generally very safe and affordable.
3.8/ 5 average rating with 533 reviewsforaspirin
Relieves pain and inflammation.
Celebrex (Celecoxib) works well for treating pain and causes less upset stomach than other NSAIDs.
3.4/ 5 average rating with 550 reviewsforCelebrex
- Ecotrin (aspirin) provides the best protection for your heart to prevent heart attacks and stroke with the lowest risk of side effects
- It is available over-the-counter in drugstores on its own and in combination with other cold and flu medications.
- Ecotrin (aspirin) is available as a cheaper, generic form.
- Ecotrin (aspirin) is available in several forms, including tablets, chewable tablets, and suppositories.
- Relieves pain and inflammation for many types of arthritis, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Good for treating muscle aches and pains, as well as menstrual cramps.
- Causes fewer stomach problems than other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
- Lasts longer than Ibuprofen.
- Ecotrin (aspirin) is not a preferred medication for treating pain, inflammation, or fever due to the high risk of bleeding.
- Ecotrin (aspirin) increases the risk of bleeding, especially when used with other blood thinner medications like Coumadin (warfarin).
- The longer you take Celebrex (Celecoxib), the more likely you are to have stomach problems, including inflammation, ulcers, and bleeding. Can also happen if you take Celebrex (Celecoxib) on an empty stomach.
- Like all NSAIDs, it can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Can also affect your kidneys or cause permanent kidney damage if taken for a long time.
- Extended release
No pricing information available
$18.85Find instant savings near you
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
533 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Ecotrin (aspirin)?Leave a review
The Ecotrin (aspirin) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
The Celebrex (Celecoxib) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- Reye's Syndrome in children
- Children 18 years or younger
- Children recovering from viral infections
- History of stomach bleeding or ulcers
- Taking Ecotrin (aspirin), NSAIDs, or blood thinners
- Alcohol use
- People 75 years and older taking high dose (325mg) of Ecotrin (aspirin)
- Serious allergic reactions
- Allergy to Ecotrin (aspirin)
- Heart attack and stroke
- Long-term use
- History of heart disease
- History of heart bypass surgery (coronary artery bypass graft/CABG)
- Stomach bleeding
- Age 65 or older
- History of GI bleed or peptic ulcer disease
- Increased blood pressure
- History of high blood pressure
- Taking water pills (diuretics)
- Increased swelling (edema) and fluid retention
- History of heart failure
- Skin reactions
- Asthma attacks
- History of asthma
- Lowered kidney function
- Kidney Disease
- Heart Failure
- Liver Disease
- Also taking diuretics
- Also taking ACE inhibitors
- Also taking Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- Age 65 or older
- Harm to unborn babies
- Late pregnancy (more than 30 weeks)