Compare Axiron vs. Fortesta
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
This testosterone topical solution is a convenient topical form of hormone replacement that's less likely to rub off on other people you come into contact with, but it's not available as a generic yet.
Fortesta (testosterone) is a convenient topical form of testosterone hormone replacement, but it can be spread to another person if skin-to-skin contact occurs.
- You're less likely with this formulation to transfer testosterone topical solution to another person since this is applied to the armpits -- unlike some other forms of topical testosterone.
- You can use your regular deodorant or antiperspirant, but just make sure to apply that first before using testosterone topical solution.
- Fortesta (testosterone) is an effective and convenient form of testosterone.
- It is easily used. You apply it to your thighs like a lotion.
- Putting Fortesta (testosterone) on your thighs makes it less likely that you'll transfer the medication to other people around you.
- Fortesta (testosterone) is available as a cheaper generic form.
- Only available as brand name.
- You have to wait at least 2 hours after applying testosterone topical solution before you can swim or bathe, otherwise your body won't absorb the entire amount.
- You have to wait at least 2 hours after applying Fortesta (testosterone) before you can swim or bathe, otherwise your body won't absorb the full amount of the medication.
- Fortesta (testosterone) does not need to be dose adjusted if you have liver or kidney problems.
- Low testosterone
- Male osteoporosis
- Weight gain
- Application Site Irritation8%
- Application Site Erythema7%
- Hematocrit Increased7%
- PSA Increased4%
- Skin reaction16%
- Virilization from secondary exposure
- Blood clots
- Swelling in the legs
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Elevated red blood cell count
- High calcium in the blood
- History of cancer
- Exposure to fire or flames