Compare Azopt vs. Dorzolamide Timolol
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
An effective control of high pressure within the eye when used alone or with other eye medications. Lowering eye pressure back to normal can prevent the onset of glaucoma.
An effective two medicine combination that is used when one medication is not effective, and you are looking for ease of using both medications in one drop. Lowering eye pressure can prevent the onset of glaucoma.
- May be used with other eye drops to control high pressure within the eye
- Easier to use with two medications in one drop.
- May add another medication when needed..
- May be more effective than using only one medication.
- May cause carbonated beverages to taste metallic
- You must wait 5 minutes before using another eye drop
- remove contact lenses and leave out for 15 minutes after using the the eyedrop
- Not used in children under 2 years of age
- May cause carbonated beverages to taste metallic.
- You must wait 5 minutes before using another eye drop.
- Not used in children under 2 years of age.
- dorzolamide/timolol is not used if you have lung disease or heart conditions relating to a low heart rate or low blood pressure.
- May cause blurred vision.
- Raised intraocular pressure
- Ocular hypertension
- In patients who are insufficiently responsive to beta-blockers Open-angle glaucoma
- In patients who are insufficiently responsive to beta-blockers
- Eye drops
- Eye drops