Compare Azopt vs. Xalatan
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
An effective control of high pressure within the eye when used alone or with other eye medications. Lowering eye pressure back to normal can prevent the onset of glaucoma.
Xalatan (Latanoprost) lowers high pressure in the eye well and helps prevent glaucoma.
- May be used with other eye drops to control high pressure within the eye
- It's easy to use and you only need to give yourself one drop each day in the evening.
- Can be used along with other eye drops, if needed for better results.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) is available generically.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) can increase the length, thickness, and number of your eyelashes.
- May cause carbonated beverages to taste metallic
- You must wait 5 minutes before using another eye drop
- remove contact lenses and leave out for 15 minutes after using the the eyedrop
- Not used in children under 2 years of age
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) can turn the colored part of your eye and your eyelashes brown.
- Eye drops
- Eye drops
- Darkening of lenses
- Replacing contact lenses to soon
- Darkening of lashes
- Long term use