Compare Benadryl vs. Estazolam
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Treats allergy symptoms and helps you sleep.
Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) is great for allergies, but curl up on the couch after taking it and get ready for a nap.
4.1/ 5 average rating with 294 reviewsforBenadryl
Helps you stay asleep longer.
Prosom (estazolam) can help you sleep, but you might feel hungover the next day.
- Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) is often better than other antihistamines at treating allergy symptoms and hives.
- It can provide quick relief of allergy symptoms for both kids and adults.
- It makes you sleepy, so it'll help if your allergies are bothering you at night.
- The effects wear off in 4 to 6 hours, so side effects don't last that long.
- It comes as a tablet, capsule, liquid, and quick dissolving tablet.
- Prosom (estazolam) is available in generic.
- Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) makes you more tired than Claritin, Allegra, or Zyrtec.
- You shouldn't drive after taking Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) until you know how it affects you.
- Talk to a pediatrician before giving Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) to a child.
- It can increase the risk of falls, so elderly people shouldn't use Benadryl (Diphenhydramine).
- Don't use Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) if you are breastfeeding.
- Prosom (estazolam) isn't recommended if you're age 65 or older because the side effects can be more intense.
- You can become dependent on Prosom (estazolam) if you take it for more than a few weeks.
- If you stop Prosom (estazolam) suddenly after taking it for a while, your insomnia might come back even worse than when you started.
- Oral solution
- Cream, gel, or ointment
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
294 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Benadryl (Diphenhydramine)?Leave a review
Not enough review data.Leave a review
The Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
19possible side effects
- Difficulty controlling muscles8%
- Abnormal coordination4%
- Leg and foot pain3%
- Common cold symptoms3%
- Back pain2%
- Body pain2%
- Abnormal dreams2%
- Abnormal thoughts2%
Risks and risk factors
- Using other drugs with the same ingredients
- Increased side effects
- Age 65 years or older
- Driving impairment
- Taking with alcohol
- Taking other medicines that make you less alert
- Children age 6 years and younger
- Trouble urinating
- Enlarged prostate
- History of bladder problems
- Vision changes
- Nursing mothers
- Tolerance and addiction
- Using Prosom (estazolam) for more than 10 days
- Behavior changes
- Drinking alcohol
- Taking sedative medicines
- Hangover effect
- People age 65 or older
- Allergic reactions