Compare Brotapp vs. Zyrtec
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Relieves congestion and allergy symptoms.
Brotapp (Pseudoephedrine / Brompheniramine) is okay for treating congestion, but it could make you really tired or keep you wide awake.
Treats allergy symptoms.
Zyrtec (cetirizine) can help you with some allergy symptoms without making you very drowsy.
3.8/ 5 average rating with 1232 reviewsforZyrtec
- Brotapp (Pseudoephedrine / Brompheniramine) is a combination medicine that relieves cold and allergy symptoms. It's good to use if you have congestion, watery eyes, and sneezing.
- Pseudoephedrine (a decongestant) clears nose congestion to help you breathe better.
- Brompheniramine (an antihistamine) helps relieve itchy eyes, runny nose, and sneezing.
- Zyrtec (cetirizine) works to treat sneezing and runny nose, and causes less sedation compared to Benadryl.
- Works well to also treat hives and itchy skin.
- Zyrtec (cetirizine) is available over the counter without a prescription. It comes as a tablet, liquid, and quick-dissolving tablet.
- It can provide relief of allergy symptoms for both kids and adults.
- Zyrtec (cetirizine) has few drug interactions with other medicines.
- Most people don't get any side effects from Zyrtec (cetirizine).
- If you don't need both of the medications in this combination, you'd be taking extra medicine and can have extra side effects for no reason.
- Pseudoephedrine (the decongestant) can make your heart race or make you feel anxious and restless.
- Brompheniramine (the antihistamine) can make you dizzy and drowsy. It could increase the risk of falls for elderly people.
- The two ingredients in this medication can make you either really tired or keep you wide awake. See how it affects you before doing anything important.
- Although it works fast, Zyrtec (cetirizine)'s effectiveness wears off for some people over time.
- Zyrtec (cetirizine) can make you a little more sleepy compared to Allegra or Claritin.
- Some people find that other more sedating antihistamines, like Benadryl (diphenhydramine), are more effective for them than Zyrtec (cetirizine).
- Chewable tablet
- Dissolving tablet
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
Not enough review data.Leave a review
The Brotapp (Pseudoephedrine / Brompheniramine) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
The Zyrtec (cetirizine) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- Driving impairment
- Taking with alcohol
- Taking other medicines that make you drowsy or less alert
- Harm to fetus
- Women of childbearing age
- High blood pressure
- History of high blood pressure
- Taking MAO inhibitors
- Antihistamine side effects
- Age 65 years or older
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH)
- Increased side effects in the elderly
- Age 65 or older
- Impaired alertness
- Taking with alcohol
- Taking other medicines that make you less alert
- History of liver or kidney conditions
- History of liver or kidney disease