Compare Butisol vs. Silenor
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Helps you fall asleep.
Butisol (butabarbital) is not very good for sleeping problems because it can be addictive.
Helps you relax, and sleep.
Doxepin is a non-addictive way to help people stay asleep, but it comes with a list of side effects.
- Butisol (butabarbital) works very quickly to help you fall asleep, within 45-60 minutes, and it lasts 6-8 hours.
- In a clinical trial Doxepin was able to significantly improve sleep quality.
- Doxepin helps improve your appetite, energy level, and sense of well-being, which increases your interests.
- Once your body gets used to Doxepin, most of the side effects go away.
- Doxepin comes in a generic form, so it is pretty cheap.
- Doxepin is not addictive.
- Your body can get used to needing Butisol (butabarbital) for sleeping.
- Butisol (butabarbital) can interact with a lot of medicines, vitamins and supplements.
- Some people taking Doxepin walk, drive, eat, and have sex while sleeping. Be sure to tell your doctor if this happens to you.
- Doxepin can increase your appetite, leading to weight gain.
- Taking Doxepin can make emptying your bladder difficult.
- Some people have suicidal thoughts when taking Doxepin.
- Doxepin can interact with many different medications, vitamins, and alternative treatments.
- Alcoholism - Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression - Psychoneurotic personality disorder Insomnia Pruritus (Moderate)
- Due to atopic dermatitis or lichen simplex chronicus
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
1possible side effects
The Silenor (Doxepin) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- Addiction and tolerance
- Behavior changes
- Feeling awake
- Having acute or chronic pain
- age 65 or older
- Breathing problems
- Drinking alcohol
- Taking narcotics, tranquilizers or antihistamines
No information currently available