Compare carbidopa vs. carbidopa / levodopa / entacapone
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Lodosyn (carbidopa) enhances the effect of levodopa. It cannot relieve symptoms of Parkinson's disease when taken by itself.
Stalevo (carbidopa / levodopa / entacapone) is a good choice for Parkinson's disease, especially when carbidopa/levodopa starts losing its effect.
- Extra doses of Lodosyn (carbidopa) allows you to get more out of levodopa, especially in later stages of the disease.
- It is available in a combination pill with levodopa once you find the right dose that works for you.
- It combines three medicines into one pill so you don't have to take so many pills daily.
- Stalevo (carbidopa / levodopa / entacapone) is available as a generic.
- Your doctor may need to change the dose of Lodosyn (carbidopa) frequently before finding the right dose.
- You would first start by taking Stalevo (carbidopa / levodopa / entacapone) as two different pills, carbidopa/levodopa and entacapone, before you get switched over to Stalevo (carbidopa / levodopa / entacapone).
- It's less customizable since there are only a few fixed combinations available.
- Difficulty controlling movements25%
- Muscle spasm10%
- Changes in urine color10%
- Discolored urine10%
- Muscle rigidity9%
- Abdominal pain8%
- Back pain5%
- Dry mouth3%
- Shortness of breath3%
- Increased sweating2%
- Take with levodopa
- Difficulty controlling movements
- Muscle damage
- Changes in blood pressure and falls
- Stomach bleeding
- History of stomach ulcers