Compare ciclopirox vs. Diflucan
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Loprox (ciclopirox) is a cheap, effective treatment for fungal infections that have not penetrated past the skin, but requires daily application for weeks to months to see an improvement.
Diflucan (fluconazole) is a cheap and effective treatment for fungal infections.
- Has few side effects compared to oral anti-fungal medications.
- Easy to use and can be applied directly on the infected areas of the skin.
- Safe to use for even people who have liver or kidney disease.
- Available in cheap, generic version.
- Available in a cheap generic version.
- Single dose treatment for vaginal infections.
- Available as a pill, liquid, or injection.
- You might need to use Loprox (ciclopirox) for many months to treat your condition.
- In cases where Loprox (ciclopirox) is used on nails, you might need to remove the medication with alcohol every 7 days.
- Not the best treatment option for severe and complicated fungal infections.
- Excessive use of alcohol while on this medicine can harm your liver.
- Can interfere with how other medicines work, especially birth control pills.
- Abdominal pain6%
- For external use only
- Allergic reactions
- Liver disease
- Serious immediate allergic reaction
- Skin rash
- Use in pregnancy