Compare Cleocin vs. Malarone
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Cleocin T (Clindamycin Phosphate) is good for treating many bacterial infections and is available as a generic. If you're taking the vaginal form, you have to avoid sex and tampons for the period your doctor tells you to. The topical form can cause skin sensitivity and irritation.
- Available in generic.
- Topical form treats acne.
- Available in different oral forms: tablet, capsule, and suspension.
- Available in forms to treat skin infections and vaginal infections.
- Used to treat many types of bacterial infections.
- Less resistance seen in bacteria to this antibiotic. Your doctor may run tests to see which antibiotics will kill the bacteria causing your infection.
- Can be taken with or without food.
- Have to take the oral forms with a full glass of liquid or with food since it can cause irritation in your stomach and esophagus.
- If you're taking the vaginal form, you have to avoid sex and not use tampons for the period your doctor tells you to.
- If you're allergic to aspirin, your doctor may have to prescribe an alternate.
- If you have to take live vaccines, talk to your doctor when to take them since Clindamycin can make it less effective.
- If you're taking the topical form, it can cause sensitivity and irritation.
- Plasmodium falciparum; Prophylaxis Malaria
- Plasmodium Falciparum Malaria
- Plasmodium Vivax
- Cream, gel, or ointment
- Vaginal cream
- Vaginal suppository
Have you used Cleocin T (Clindamycin Phosphate)?Leave a review
- Liver damage
- History of liver disease