Compare Clindesse vs. Levaquin
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Treats bacterial vaginal infections with a single dose.
Clindesse (clindamycin) treats vaginal infections and is very easy to use.
Treats bacterial infections.
Levaquin (levofloxacin) effectively treats different types of bacterial infections, but it is relatively more expensive than some of its alternatives.
3.3/ 5 average rating with 90 reviewsforLevaquin
- Very easy to use and works within a few days.
- Generic available, so cost is lower.
- Doesn't have many side effects.
- You can stand up and walk around right after you use it, so you can use it at any time of day.
- Available as a generic medicine.
- Liquid form of Levaquin (levofloxacin) is available for those with trouble swallowing.
- Treats a variety of bacterial infections.
- Take only once a day.
- Can take pill form with or without food.
- Can cause yeast infections in some women.
- After using Clindesse (clindamycin), must avoid sex and using tampons for 7 days.
- Can very rarely cause severe diarrhea.
- Cannot be used if you have bowel diseases like Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis.
- People with diabetes need to check their blood sugar levels regularly while taking Levaquin (levofloxacin).
- Can't take Levaquin (levofloxacin) at the same time as antacids or vitamins.
- Levaquin (levofloxacin) can increase your skin's sensitivity to sunlight and make you more likely to get a rash.
- Relatively more expensive compared to similar alternatives.
- Associated with serious and some potentially life-threatening side effects.
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia
- Community acquired pneumonia
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis
- Post-exposure inhalational anthrax
- Urinary tract infection
- Acute kidney infection
- Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
- Acute bacterial sinus infection
- Traveler's diarrhea
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
Not enough review data.Leave a review
5possible side effects
- Yeast infection14%
- Back pain5%
- Bladder infection2%
The Levaquin (levofloxacin) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- Allergy alert
- Known allergy to clindamycin
- Known allergy to lincosamides
- Severe diarrhea
- History of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Regional enteritis
- Weakened condoms and vaginal diaphragms
- Safety in girls who haven't started puberty
- Tendon rupture and inflammation
- People over age 60
- Taking steroid medicine
- Those with kidney, heart, or lung transplants
- Myasthenia gravis
- Those with a history of myasthenia gravis
- Nerve damage
- Changes in mood and behavior
- Those with a history of depression
- Effects on heartbeat
- Those with a history of heart rhythm problems
- Taking other medicines that also affect your heart rhythm
- Older people