Compare Dorzolamide Timolol vs. Xalatan
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
An effective two medicine combination that is used when one medication is not effective, and you are looking for ease of using both medications in one drop. Lowering eye pressure can prevent the onset of glaucoma.
Xalatan (Latanoprost) lowers high pressure in the eye well and helps prevent glaucoma.
- Easier to use with two medications in one drop.
- May add another medication when needed..
- May be more effective than using only one medication.
- It's easy to use and you only need to give yourself one drop each day in the evening.
- Can be used along with other eye drops, if needed for better results.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) is available generically.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) can increase the length, thickness, and number of your eyelashes.
- May cause carbonated beverages to taste metallic.
- You must wait 5 minutes before using another eye drop.
- Not used in children under 2 years of age.
- dorzolamide/timolol is not used if you have lung disease or heart conditions relating to a low heart rate or low blood pressure.
- May cause blurred vision.
- Xalatan (Latanoprost) can turn the colored part of your eye and your eyelashes brown.
- Ocular hypertension
- In patients who are insufficiently responsive to beta-blockers Open-angle glaucoma
- In patients who are insufficiently responsive to beta-blockers
- Eye drops
- Eye drops
- Darkening of lenses
- Replacing contact lenses to soon
- Darkening of lashes
- Long term use