Compare Enalapril vs. Sular
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Lowers blood pressure.
Enalapril is a good blood pressure-lowering medicine that protects kidney function.
3.2/ 5 average rating with 95 reviewsforEnalapril
Lowers blood pressure.
Sular (nisoldipine) works well to lower blood pressure, but it may cause swelling in your arms and legs at higher doses.
- A first-choice blood pressure treatment for many people.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Protects kidney function, which is especially useful for people with diabetes or mild-to-moderate kidney disease.
- Recommended for anyone with heart failure since it lowers the risk of death and further damage to your heart.
- The only ACE inhibitor that doctors can give through an IV if that's needed.
- Sular (nisoldipine) is a good option for people with high blood pressure.
- Calcium channel blockers sometimes work better for people of African descent than other blood pressure lowering drugs.
- Sular (nisoldipine) works as well as other calcium channel blockers to treat high blood pressure.
- Up to 1 in 10 people can get a dry cough with this medicine. It ranges from a mild tickle in the throat to a persistent hacking cough.
- Compared to other ACE inhibitors, less flexible on when you take it. Enalapril needs to be taken multiple times a day on an empty stomach.
- Requires a yearly blood test to see how the medicine is affecting your body.
- Not safe to use if you're pregnant.
- There are 2 different types of extended release Sular (nisoldipine), which can be very confusing.
- Sular (nisoldipine) can cause headaches.
- You can't miss doses. Stopping Sular (nisoldipine) could cause a sudden spike in blood pressure.
- Sular (nisoldipine) can't be crushed or cut into two.
- Sular (nisoldipine) can cause more side effects if you are over 65 years old.
- Extended release
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
95 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Vasotec (Enalapril)?Leave a review
Not enough review data.Leave a review
14possible side effects
- Orthostatic Effects2%
- Chest Pain2%
- Abdominal Pain2%
- Orthostatic Hypotension2%
- Angina Pectoris2%
10possible side effects
- Swelling of arms and legs22%
- Sore throat5%
- Racing or fluttering heart beat3%
- Stuffy nose3%
- Chest pain2%
Risks and risk factors
- Harm to fetus
- Women of childbearing age
- Unusual tongue swelling
- African descent
- Heart problems due to high potassium
- Current kidney problems
- Medicine that increase potassium
- Use of salt substitute
- Chest pain or heart attack
- History of heart problems
- Low blood pressure
- Over age 65
- Liver problems
- Liver disease
- History of heavy alcohol use
- Swelling in arms and legs
- History of heart failure
- History of kidney disease