Compare Flovent vs. Allegra
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Prevents breathing problems.
Flovent Diskus (Fluticasone) is good at controlling and preventing asthma symptoms when you take it every day.
3.6/ 5 average rating with 483 reviewsforFlovent
Treats allergy symptoms.
Allegra (fexofenadine) relieves allergy symptoms without making you feel drowsy.
3.9/ 5 average rating with 24 reviewsforAllegra
- Relieves symptoms and improves control of asthma.
- People report fewer asthma symptoms and better lung function when they take it every day.
- Inhaling this medicine (rather than taking an oral steroid) gets more into the lungs and less into rest of your body, which lowers the risk of side effects. Inhaled corticosteroids can be used safely for years compared to oral corticosteroids like prednisone.
- Available as both an inhaler and Diskus device.
- Allegra (fexofenadine) is effective at reducing symptoms for seasonal allergies and chronic hives without significant drowsiness, unlike Benadryl.
- Approved for kids aged 6 months or older.
- Allegra (fexofenadine) comes in many forms, like tablet, liquid, and quick-dissolving tablet.
- You have to use Fluticasone every day to control your symptoms.
- You can't lower the dose or stop taking it too suddenly.
- Steroids can slow height growth in kids.
- Because steroids suppress your immune system, you can catch bacterial and viral infections easier, and they can take longer to go away.
- Can cause new or worsening eye pressure, glaucoma, and cataracts.
- Allegra (fexofenadine)'s effectiveness can wear off over time.
- The dose needs to be adjusted for people with kidney problems.
- Dissolving tablet
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
483 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Flovent Diskus (Fluticasone)?Leave a review
17possible side effects
- Upper respiratory tract infection20%
- Throat irritation13%
- Sinusitis/sinus infection9%
- Nausea and vomiting8%
- Upper respiratory inflammation5%
- Gastrointestinal discomfort and pain4%
- Viral gastrointestinal infection4%
- Viral respiratory infection4%
- Musculoskeletal pain4%
- Viral infection2%
- Muscle injury2%
4possible side effects
- Back Pain2%
- Stomach discomfort2%
- Pain in hands/feet2%
Risks and risk factors
- Adrenal suppression (HPA axis suppression)
- Lowering dose or stopping too quickly especially after long-term treatment
- Stress such as trauma, surgery or infection
- Serious allergic reaction
- Severe milk protein allergy
- Increased risk for bacterial and viral infection
- Bacterial or viral infection not being treated
- Long-term treatment with Flovent Diskus (Fluticasone)
- Not vaccinated against chickenpox or measles
- Difficulty breathing (bronchospasm)
- Reduced growth rate in children
- Dose of Flovent Diskus (Fluticasone)
- Duration of treatment
- Mouth and throat infection
- Not rinsing mouth after use
- Using higher dose of Flovent Diskus (Fluticasone)
- Eye problems
- History of high internal eye pressure
- History of cataracts
- History of glaucoma
- Driving impairment
- Taking with alcohol
- Taking other medicines that make you less alert
- Brain damage from too much phenylalanine
- History of phenylketonuria (PKU)