Compare Losartan vs. Bisoprolol
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Cozaar (Losartan) is a good blood pressure-lowering medicine that protects kidney function like an ACE inhibitor, but with fewer side effects.
Zebeta (Bisoprolol) is usually given to people who have taken other blood pressure meds unsuccessfully or have recently had significant heart problems.
- A first-choice blood pressure treatment for many people.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Similar to ACE inhibitors (like Lisinopril), with fewer side effects like cough and swelling.
- Protects kidney function, which is especially useful for people with diabetes or mild-to-moderate kidney disease.
- Recommended for anyone with heart failure since it lowers the risk of death and further damage to your heart.
- Good for protecting the heart and lowering blood pressure if you've had a heart attack.
- Available in a generic version.
- Also comes in combination with other medications to lower blood pressure.
- Requires a yearly blood test to see how the medicine is affecting your body.
- Not safe to use if you're pregnant.
- This isn't a first choice medication to lower blood pressure.
- You can't stop taking it suddenly, or else you're more likely to have a heart attack or other problems with your heart.
Have you used Cozaar (Losartan)?Leave a review
- Upper respiratory infection8%
- Back pain2%
- Nasal congestion2%
- Harm to fetus
- Women of childbearing age
- Liver damage
- Concurrent liver disease
- Heart problems due to high potassium
- Current kidney problems
- Medicine that increase potassium
- Use of salt substitute
- Masked symptoms of low blood sugar
- Masked symptoms of overactive thyroid
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery disease
- Increased symptoms of heart failure
- Heart failure
- Increased risks during surgery
- Major surgery requiring anesthesia