Compare maprotiline vs. Silenor
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Stabilizes your mood.
While Ludiomil (maprotiline) is part of the first choice of medicines to treat depression, it can cause drowsiness and dehydration.
Helps you relax, and sleep.
Doxepin is a non-addictive way to help people stay asleep, but it comes with a list of side effects.
- Ludiomil (maprotiline) is available in generic.
- Ludiomil (maprotiline) doesn't cause sleep problems, unlike other medicines used to treat depression.
- In a clinical trial Doxepin was able to significantly improve sleep quality.
- Doxepin helps improve your appetite, energy level, and sense of well-being, which increases your interests.
- Once your body gets used to Doxepin, most of the side effects go away.
- Doxepin comes in a generic form, so it is pretty cheap.
- Doxepin is not addictive.
- Ludiomil (maprotiline) can make you very drowsy compared to other similar medicines.
- Ludiomil (maprotiline) can cause weight gain, fainting, and make you feel dehydrated.
- Stopping Ludiomil (maprotiline) suddenly without telling your doctor can be dangerous.
- You might not notice changes in your mood until you've taken Ludiomil (maprotiline) for several weeks.
- Some people taking Doxepin walk, drive, eat, and have sex while sleeping. Be sure to tell your doctor if this happens to you.
- Doxepin can increase your appetite, leading to weight gain.
- Taking Doxepin can make emptying your bladder difficult.
- Some people have suicidal thoughts when taking Doxepin.
- Doxepin can interact with many different medications, vitamins, and alternative treatments.
- Alcoholism - Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression - Psychoneurotic personality disorder Insomnia Pruritus (Moderate)
- Due to atopic dermatitis or lichen simplex chronicus
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
12possible side effects
- Dry mouth22%
- Weakness & fatigue4%
- Vision changes4%
- Difficulty controlling movements3%
- Trouble sleeping2%
The Silenor (Doxepin) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- Higher risk of suicide
- People under age 24
- Possible bipolar disorder
- Heart problems
- History of heart attack or heart disease
- Higher risk of infections
No information currently available