Compare Omega 3 Acid vs. Vytorin
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Omega-3 Acid is good for lowering triglycerides (fats), but some people can't take it due to allergies.
3.6/ 5 average rating with 46 reviewsforOmega 3 Acid
Vytorin is expensive and is no more effective than simvastatin by itself.
3.3/ 5 average rating with 99 reviewsforVytorin
- Lowers triglycerides (fats) when combined with exercise and a low cholesterol diet.
- In studies, Omega-3 Acid has lowered the risk of stroke and heart attack leading to death, especially in people with high cholesterol or high triglycerides.
- A 2-in-1 cholesterol-lowering combination medicine.
- Lowers "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and raises "good" cholesterol (HDL) in people who have trouble doing this through diet and exercise.
- You can't take it if you're allergic to fish or shellfish.
- You have to take it with food.
- In clinical studies, simvastatin/ezetimibe hasn't controlled cholesterol better than simvastatin alone.
- There's no generic available, so it can be expensive.
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
46 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Lovaza (Omega-3 Acid)?Leave a review
3possible side effects
- Taste perversion4%
8possible side effects
- Any side effect5%
- Increased ALT4%
- Upper respiratory tract infection4%
- Pain in extremity2%
Risks and risk factors
- Allergic reactions
- Allergy to fish or shellfish
- Heart flutter
- Atrial fibrillation
- Muscle pain
- Asian patients taking high-dose niacin
- Liver damage
- Past history of liver disease
- heavy alcohol use
- High blood sugar
- Increased risk for colds and flu
- Skin reactions
- Harm to fetus