Compare Robitussin DM vs. Mucinex
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Robitussin Dm (Guaifenesin / Dextromethorphan) is okay for loosening congestion in your chest and throat, but it could prevent you from coughing the mucus up. You have to take it more often than other guaifenesin products.
Mucinex (Guaifenesin) is a useful medicine for loosening congestion in your chest and throat, and it lasts longer than other guaifenesin products.
- Robitussin Dm (Guaifenesin / Dextromethorphan) is a combination medicine that relieves multiple cold symptoms. It's good to use if you have chest congestion and a cough.
- Helps loosen the mucus and phlegm that builds up and causes productive, wet coughs.
- Mucinex (Guaifenesin) reduces the thickness and amount of mucus in your throat and chest.
- Lasts longer than some other products that contain guaifenesin, such as Robitussin, because it's an extended-release form.
- It’s available at the drugstore either by itself or in combination with other medications to treat cold and flu symptoms.
- Available in liquid and tablet forms.
- Mucinex (Guaifenesin) is alcohol- and sugar-free.
- Robitussin Dm (Guaifenesin / Dextromethorphan) isn’t useful if you have a dry cough without mucus or phlegm.
- The two medications in this product could potentially work against each other. Guaifenesin makes mucus easier to cough up, while dextromethorphan (the "DM" in Robitussin Dm (Guaifenesin / Dextromethorphan)) stops you from coughing.
- Needs to be taken more often during the day than other products with guaifenesin, like Mucinex.
- Can cause sleepiness, dizziness, and an upset stomach.
- Mucinex (Guaifenesin) is more expensive than other medications that treat congestion.
- You need to drink a lot of fluids while taking this medication or it won't work as well.
- Mucinex (Guaifenesin) isn’t useful if you have a dry cough.
- Can cause nausea, headache, and an upset stomach.
- Extended release
Have you used Robitussin Dm (Guaifenesin / Dextromethorphan)?Leave a review
- Nausea and vomiting
- Serotonin syndrome
- Using other medications that affect serotonin
- Cough warning
- Nausea and vomiting