Compare Rozerem vs. Oleptro
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Helps you fall asleep.
Rozerem (ramelteon) is a good sleep medicine that's not addictive, but it can be expensive.
Improves mood and helps you sleep.
Oleptro (Trazodone) works well as a sleep aid, but has more side effects when used at higher doses for treating depression.
3.6/ 5 average rating with 59 reviewsforOleptro
- Rozerem (ramelteon) isn't a controlled medicine, and it's safe to use in people age 65 or older.
- If you stop taking Rozerem (ramelteon) suddenly, your insomnia won't come back.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) won't make you feel hungover or groggy the next day.
- Commonly used in lower doses to help treat sleep problems (insomnia).
- Safer sleep medication than others (benzodiazepines or Unisom) for people age 65 and older.
- Fewer sexual side effects than many other antidepressants.
- Has been used for sleep and depression for a long time. There's a lot of information available about how it works and how safe it is.
- Comes as a generic medication and is cheaper than many other sleep aides.
- Six out of ten people who use an antidepressant for the first time find that it works for them.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) is only available as a brand name.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) is only available in 1 strength.
- If you take Rozerem (ramelteon) on a full stomach, it won't work as well.
- Not recommended for children.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) can't be used if you have sleep apnea.
- Not as effective as other medications for depression.
- More sedating than other antidepressants.
- Causes more side effects when used at higher doses for depression. Includes sleepiness, dizziness, upset stomach, and irregular heartbeat.
- Like most antidepressants, can cause higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior for people age 24 and younger.
- The first antidepressant you try doesn't always work or it can cause side effects you really don't like. You might need to try a few different medications until you find one that works for you.
- Extended release
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
Not enough review data.Leave a review
5possible side effects
- Worsening insomnia3%
29possible side effects
- Dry Mouth34%
- Dry mouth25%
- Blurred Vision15%
- Skin Condition/Edema7%
- Weight Loss6%
- Nasal/Sinus Congestion6%
- Abdominal/Gastric Disorder6%
- Musculoskeletal Aches/Pains5%
- Nightmares/Vivid Dreams5%
- Weight Gain5%
- Back pain5%
- Vision blurred5%
- Sexual dysfunction5%
- Ejaculation disorders2%
- Decreased libido2%
Risks and risk factors
- Severe allergic reaction
- Behavior changes
- Breathing problems
- Taking narcotics, tranquilizers, or antihistamines
- Hormonal changes
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior
- Age 24 years or younger
- History of seizures
- Eating disorder
- Higher dose
- Drug interactions
- Painful erection
- Low blood pressure
- Age 65 years or older
- Driving impairment
- Taking other medicines that make you less alert