Compare Rozerem vs. Silenor
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Helps you fall asleep.
Rozerem (ramelteon) is a good sleep medicine that's not addictive, but it can be expensive.
Helps you relax, and sleep.
Doxepin is a non-addictive way to help people stay asleep, but it comes with a list of side effects.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) isn't a controlled medicine, and it's safe to use in people age 65 or older.
- If you stop taking Rozerem (ramelteon) suddenly, your insomnia won't come back.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) won't make you feel hungover or groggy the next day.
- In a clinical trial Doxepin was able to significantly improve sleep quality.
- Doxepin helps improve your appetite, energy level, and sense of well-being, which increases your interests.
- Once your body gets used to Doxepin, most of the side effects go away.
- Doxepin comes in a generic form, so it is pretty cheap.
- Doxepin is not addictive.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) is only available as a brand name.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) is only available in 1 strength.
- If you take Rozerem (ramelteon) on a full stomach, it won't work as well.
- Not recommended for children.
- Rozerem (ramelteon) can't be used if you have sleep apnea.
- Some people taking Doxepin walk, drive, eat, and have sex while sleeping. Be sure to tell your doctor if this happens to you.
- Doxepin can increase your appetite, leading to weight gain.
- Taking Doxepin can make emptying your bladder difficult.
- Some people have suicidal thoughts when taking Doxepin.
- Doxepin can interact with many different medications, vitamins, and alternative treatments.
- Alcoholism - Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression - Psychoneurotic personality disorder Insomnia Pruritus (Moderate)
- Due to atopic dermatitis or lichen simplex chronicus
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
5possible side effects
- Worsening insomnia3%
The Silenor (Doxepin) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- Severe allergic reaction
- Behavior changes
- Breathing problems
- Taking narcotics, tranquilizers, or antihistamines
- Hormonal changes
No information currently available