Compare triazolam vs. Oleptro
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Helps you stay asleep.
Halcion (triazolam) can be used to help you fall asleep, but your body can become used to it very quickly.
Improves mood and helps you sleep.
Oleptro (Trazodone) works well as a sleep aid, but has more side effects when used at higher doses for treating depression.
3.6/ 5 average rating with 59 reviewsforOleptro
- Halcion (triazolam) is available as a generic.
- Compared to other similar medicines, you're less likely to have a hangover effect from Halcion (triazolam) the next day.
- Commonly used in lower doses to help treat sleep problems (insomnia).
- Safer sleep medication than others (benzodiazepines or Unisom) for people age 65 and older.
- Fewer sexual side effects than many other antidepressants.
- Has been used for sleep and depression for a long time. There's a lot of information available about how it works and how safe it is.
- Comes as a generic medication and is cheaper than many other sleep aides.
- Six out of ten people who use an antidepressant for the first time find that it works for them.
- Your body can get used to Halcion (triazolam) after 2 weeks.
- Stopping Halcion (triazolam) suddenly can make your insomnia worse. Talk to your doctor if you want to stop taking it.
- People who take Halcion (triazolam) can have more anxiety during the day.
- Not as effective as other medications for depression.
- More sedating than other antidepressants.
- Causes more side effects when used at higher doses for depression. Includes sleepiness, dizziness, upset stomach, and irregular heartbeat.
- Like most antidepressants, can cause higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior for people age 24 and younger.
- The first antidepressant you try doesn't always work or it can cause side effects you really don't like. You might need to try a few different medications until you find one that works for you.
- Extended release
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
Not enough review data.Leave a review
7possible side effects
- Nausea and vomiting5%
- Difficulty controlling movements5%
29possible side effects
- Dry Mouth34%
- Dry mouth25%
- Blurred Vision15%
- Skin Condition/Edema7%
- Weight Loss6%
- Nasal/Sinus Congestion6%
- Abdominal/Gastric Disorder6%
- Musculoskeletal Aches/Pains5%
- Nightmares/Vivid Dreams5%
- Weight Gain5%
- Back pain5%
- Vision blurred5%
- Sexual dysfunction5%
- Ejaculation disorders2%
- Decreased libido2%
Risks and risk factors
- Tolerance and addiction
- Using Halcion (triazolam) for more than 10 days
- Behavior changes
- Hangover effect
- People age 65 or older
- Memory loss
- Drinking alcohol
- Not allowing enough time for sleep
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior
- Age 24 years or younger
- History of seizures
- Eating disorder
- Higher dose
- Drug interactions
- Painful erection
- Low blood pressure
- Age 65 years or older
- Driving impairment
- Taking other medicines that make you less alert