Compare triazolam vs. Silenor
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Helps you stay asleep.
Halcion (triazolam) can be used to help you fall asleep, but your body can become used to it very quickly.
Helps you relax, and sleep.
Doxepin is a non-addictive way to help people stay asleep, but it comes with a list of side effects.
- Halcion (triazolam) is available as a generic.
- Compared to other similar medicines, you're less likely to have a hangover effect from Halcion (triazolam) the next day.
- In a clinical trial Doxepin was able to significantly improve sleep quality.
- Doxepin helps improve your appetite, energy level, and sense of well-being, which increases your interests.
- Once your body gets used to Doxepin, most of the side effects go away.
- Doxepin comes in a generic form, so it is pretty cheap.
- Doxepin is not addictive.
- Your body can get used to Halcion (triazolam) after 2 weeks.
- Stopping Halcion (triazolam) suddenly can make your insomnia worse. Talk to your doctor if you want to stop taking it.
- People who take Halcion (triazolam) can have more anxiety during the day.
- Some people taking Doxepin walk, drive, eat, and have sex while sleeping. Be sure to tell your doctor if this happens to you.
- Doxepin can increase your appetite, leading to weight gain.
- Taking Doxepin can make emptying your bladder difficult.
- Some people have suicidal thoughts when taking Doxepin.
- Doxepin can interact with many different medications, vitamins, and alternative treatments.
- Alcoholism - Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression Anxiety - Depression - Psychoneurotic personality disorder Insomnia Pruritus (Moderate)
- Due to atopic dermatitis or lichen simplex chronicus
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
7possible side effects
- Nausea and vomiting5%
- Difficulty controlling movements5%
The Silenor (Doxepin) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- Tolerance and addiction
- Using Halcion (triazolam) for more than 10 days
- Behavior changes
- Hangover effect
- People age 65 or older
- Memory loss
- Drinking alcohol
- Not allowing enough time for sleep
No information currently available