Compare Trilipix vs. Omega 3 Acid
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Trilipix is good for lowering triglycerides (fats), but it's not as good as statins for improving cholesterol and cardiovascular disease risk.
2.9/ 5 average rating with 68 reviewsforTrilipix
Omega-3 Acid is good for lowering triglycerides (fats), but some people can't take it due to allergies.
3.6/ 5 average rating with 46 reviewsforOmega 3 Acid
- Lowers "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides (fats) and raises "good" cholesterol (HDL) in people who have trouble doing this through diet and exercise.
- Good medicine for lowering triglycerides.
- Lowers triglycerides (fats) when combined with exercise and a low cholesterol diet.
- In studies, Omega-3 Acid has lowered the risk of stroke and heart attack leading to death, especially in people with high cholesterol or high triglycerides.
- In clinical studies, Trilipix hasn't lowered cholesterol or the risk of heart attack and stroke better than statins.
- Different forms and strengths of this medication can't be substituted for each other.
- You can't take it if you're allergic to fish or shellfish.
- You have to take it with food.
- Extended release
$22.04Find instant savings near you
$25.24Find instant savings near you
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
68 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid)?Leave a review
46 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Lovaza (Omega-3 Acid)?Leave a review
The Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
3possible side effects
- Taste perversion4%
Risks and risk factors
- Muscle pain
- Taking Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid) with statins
- Liver damage
- Past history of liver disease
- Increased bleeding risk
- Taking Trilipix (Fenofibric Acid) with anticoagulants
- Changes in blood tests
- Skin reactions
- Blood clots
- Increased risk for colds and flu
- Allergic reactions
- Allergy to fish or shellfish
- Heart flutter
- Atrial fibrillation