Compare Tylenol vs. Plavix
Head-to-head comparisons of medication uses, side effects, ratings, and more.
Relieves pain and fever.
Tylenol Regular Strength (acetaminophen) effectively reduces fever and relieves pain, but it doesn't lower inflammation and swelling.
3.7/ 5 average rating with 1002 reviewsforTylenol
Prevents blood clots.
Plavix (clopidogrel) is a cheap, generically available blood thinner that protects you from clots after you've had a heart attack or surgery.
3.7/ 5 average rating with 343 reviewsforPlavix
- Works well to relieve pain and fevers.
- Good for menstrual cramps, toothaches, body aches, and mild arthritis pain.
- Tylenol Regular Strength (acetaminophen) causes less upset stomach, ulcers, bruising, and bleeding than other pain medications like aspirin and Advil.
- Doesn't cause kidney damage and is also safe to use if you have heart problems or if you're pregnant.
- Tylenol Regular Strength (acetaminophen) has been used for a long time and is generally safe for short-term use.
- Plavix (clopidogrel) can help lower your risk of getting a stroke or heart attack.
- You only need to take it once a day.
- A genetic test is available to determine whether Plavix (clopidogrel) will be an effective treatment option for you.
- Tylenol Regular Strength (acetaminophen) doesn't treat some kinds of pain as well as other medications like Advil.
- Drinking alcohol while taking Tylenol Regular Strength (acetaminophen) can damage your liver.
- To avoid hurting your liver, you need to keep track of the total amount of acetaminophen you are taking since it's a very common ingredient in pain and cold combination medicines.
- Heavy alcohol drinkers and people with liver problems should avoid using Tylenol Regular Strength (acetaminophen) since it can cause serious liver damage.
- Raises your risk of bleeding and bruising, which can be serious and life-threatening.
- May not be safe to be taken with many other medicines or supplements.
- If you've taken too much Plavix (clopidogrel) and you're bleeding, plasma transfusions are required to stop the bleeding.
- Chewable tablet
- Dissolving tablet
$54.88Find instant savings near you
$12.00Find instant savings near you
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
1002 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Tylenol Regular Strength (acetaminophen)?Leave a review
343 reviews so far
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Plavix (clopidogrel)?Leave a review
The Tylenol Regular Strength (acetaminophen) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
The Plavix (clopidogrel) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- Accidental overdose and death
- Medication administering errors
- Injection formulation
- Exceeding the recommended maximum daily limits
- Liver damage
- Drinking more than 2 alcoholic beverages a day
- Taking with other Tylenol-containing medicines
- History of liver disease
- Weakened ability to prevent blood clots
- Taking Prilosec or Nexium
- People with certain genes that make Plavix (clopidogrel) less effective
- Life-threatening bleeding
- History of stomach bleeding
- Taking other medicines that increase the levels of Plavix (clopidogrel) in your body
- Taking other blood thinners or medicines that increase the risk of bleeding
- Unexplained bruising and purple spots on skin